Minimally Invasive Dentistry
Our mission here at WindHaven Pediatric Dentistry is to provide comprehensive oral care in the most natural way possible!
This is why we offer many preventative options as well as biocompatible materials if dental treatment is needed.
- Dental sealants are a great preventative procedure that seals the pits/grooves of your child’s molars, decreasing the likelihood of a cavity on the chewing surfaces of your child’s teeth.
- The sealants we use are free of bis-GMA, BPA, and dyes.
Silver Diamine Fluoride (SDF) is a topical liquid that can be applied to small cavities, to stop its further growth. This is a great option for younger children to delay treatment until they are older and more cooperative. It is also a great option for older children, to allow for natural exfoliation of a baby tooth.
If dental decay is large and reaches the tooth nerve, a nerve treatment may be indicated. This is a procedure that will disinfect the top of the tooth nerve where the bacteria has reached, to prevent further spread down the root of the tooth.
Our office is committed to using the most natural materials, even for this procedure. We do not use Formocresol, which is becoming obsolete due to its toxicity. Instead we use these biocompatible materials.
Mineral Trioxide Aggregate (MTA)
This is a dental material that is biocompatible to oral and dental tissues. It has natural properties to stimulate healing of bone. It is composed of tricalcium and dicalcium silicate and tricalcium aluminate.
Triple Antibiotic Paste
This is also another biocompatible nerve treatment option that actually disinfects and heals the nerve where the bacteria has reached. This is a great option for a primary tooth, to avoid a dental extraction. This paste is composed of the following 3 antibiotics: Metronidazole, Minocycline, Ciprofloxacin.
Zirconia (white) Crowns
We offer metal-free, zirconia crowns because they are natural in appearance, biocompatible (less likely to cause an allergic reaction), and are resistant to corrosion. However, these crowns are not suitable for all patients so it is best to consult with one of our Board-Certified Pediatric Dentists to see what is the best option for your child.
ICON White Spot Treatments
- After the removal of braces for teenagers, sometimes “white spots” can be seen on the front permanent teeth.
- To complete their smile, we offer ICON – a conservative treatment that is a great solution to removing those white spots.
- Pending case selection by the Doctor, the result will be a noticeably cosmetic improvement.